Name and contact information
Legal Units: Poiat Product Oy (2676197-5) / Poiat office Oy (2458796-9)
Address: Merikatu 1, 00140 Helsinki
E-mail: contact@ poiat.com
Personal Information We Collect
Identification and contact information
Name / name of representative, address, telephone number, e-mail address, citizenship, job title, Business ID, image
Payment and Billing Information
Account number, billing and payment information, payment history information, credit information, and customer identification information.
Marketing, communications and other promotional information
Consents and prohibitions. Personal Information collected with questionnaires and forms (e.g preferences and interests).
Information regarding recruitment
Application, resume, CV, suitability assessments.
Information a customer chooses to provide to us
Contact request, feedback or other similar contacts initiated by a private customers. Information collected automatically by online service or application
Collection and Sources
IP address, identification of electronic communications, search and browsing information of our website, browser and operating system information.
Personal information is mainly collected directly via online forms or e-mail. When we do, for example:
● marketing, communications and other sales promotions
● provide an offer or concluding a contract
● manage the customer relationship
Personal information may also be collected from the company or other entity on whose behalf the person acts or from public sources. In addition, personal information may also be collected from public and private registers maintained by third parties.
The online services and applications that we use also collect personal information automatically.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
● To provide our services, e.g.
○ To respond inquiries and requests
● General business planning, maintenance and development (including statistics and analytics), e.g.
○ To bill and collect money owed to us
○ To send you messages about changes and updates to our services and products
○ To conduct studies or perform data analytics in improving and enhancing our products and services.
● To provide personalised marketing, communications and other forms of promotion, e.g.
○ We send you product information and recommendations in accordance with your marketing preferences.
● Compliance with legal obligations, e.g.
○ Accounting, security and similar requirements from public authorities.
● Risk management and fraud prevention, e.g.
○ To process your orders and credit card payments.
The legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we process it:
● Provision of services
● General business planning, maintenance and development
● Accounting, security and similar requirements from public authorities.
● Provision of personalized marketing, communications and other forms of promotion
● Usage and application of the data collected with survey questionnaires or other forms.
Storage of Personal Information
We store personal data for as long as is necessary to carry out the above purposes, unless we are bound by law to store it for longer. We delete personal data from our register within a reasonable time frame once it is no longer needed.
The personal data of an entity’s representative is stored for as long as the person holds such a position in relation to Poiat. We delete the personal data of such a person within a reasonable time frame once the person no longer holds the position, unless the data must be stored to comply with some statutory requirement.
For the purposes of direct marketing, we store any necessary personal data until further notice unless the person has withdrawn their consent for or prohibited direct marketing. Consent and prohibitions regarding personal data is stored for as long as they are valid.
We store open job applications and their attachments for no more than 12 months of having received them. Job applications for vacancies advertised by Poiat are deleted within a reasonable time frame after a recruiting decision, unless permission has been obtained specifically from the applicant to store them for future recruiting.
Other Processors and Recipients of Personal Information
Personal data may be transferred to collection companies, credit information companies and similar parties to deal with invoicing and debt collection.
We also use third parties to process personal data, such as IT suppliers and accounting and financial management service providers.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside the European Economic Area
As a rule, we process personal data using services and applications with which personal data is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA), but this may also occur outside the EEA. If so, we only use services and applications that ensure that personal data is transferred legally and prudently outside the EEA.
Access to personal data is limited to company employees and partners who need it to perform their duties.
We store personal data in electronic format in a cloud service or application provided by a third party. We have ensured that these services and applications meet the following criteria:
● High level of data security
● Compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation
● Data can be retrieved following an accident or accidental loss
No local copies of the material are stored.
Any personal data in paper format is stored under lock and key, but no paper copies are made unless the law so requires.
Rights of the data subject
Your rights regarding are listed on the website of the Data Protection Ombudsman, e.g.:
● Checking your personal data
● Having it corrected or deleted,
More information on:
Latest Update: 17 June 2021